Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tokyo

I haven't blogged in months! AHHH I'M A BAD INTERNET PERSON! Oh well, at least I have vacations to keep me from falling completely off the bandwagon.

I wrote this log post on the bullet train on our way from Tokyo to Kyoto, meaning to post it as soon as we got there, but I forgot. Sorry! I added to photos later, obviously. More photos to come on Facebook, and keep watch for a new The Original Engrish post from Japan :)

Tokyo is awesome. I highly recommended that you visit. These last few days have been action-packed and the cherry blossoms (sakura) lend an almost magical air to most things.
Kathryn and I are great travel partners. She likes planning and is good at navigating. I'm easygoing. So it works out ;-) Also, we both want to see similar things, sleep the same amount, and move at the same pace.

Some of the highlights have been:
A fantastic sakura-flavored ice cream cone

The most beautiful garden I've ever seen (or at least top 3) filled with cherry blossoms in bloom, Japanese bridges, and tea houses.
A chance to do a tea ceremony in a famous tea ceremony house with an awesome Japanese lady who invited us cuz she thought we looked interested and she taught us all the special stuff.
A thrift store called Chicago where we put together our Ultimate Kimonos and looked awesome. And I also bought a pretty dress.

The best coffee shop in Tokyo, called Cafe de L'ambre. I can't even begin to describe the awesomeness of thus place. The only way I can do it justice is to say that it is the coffee shop that you dream of opening. Kathryn had Sumatra coffee. I had sweet coffee topped with egg yolk. We both shared a coffee liquid pudding. Pictures will follow. DO NOT go to Tokyo without getting the business card from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment