Tuesday, October 20, 2009

American Food :)

PANCAKES!

I found pancake mix at the small grocery store downstairs and immediately had a craving for pancakes. they also had maple syrup, so two weekends ago I made a big American breakfast for Dan and myself. Of course, the only size box of mix they had was huge, so I made pancakes a couple more times during the next week. Only problem: I had forgotten the maple syrup at Dan's house. I decided to experiment with some other toppings, some that I bought specially and some that I had already.


Specially bought: powdered sugar, butter. Already had: cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mangosteen fruit. (Those are those little white things in the bottom right-hand corner.)












Mmm...completed pancakes! One with cheese and butter, one with mangosteen and powedered sugar, one with cream cheese and butter and powdered sugar, and one plain butter and powdered sugar. They were all good! The mangosteen one was surprisingly so. (I couldn't find strawberries--mangosteen tastes kind of like a citrusy banana...) Cream cheese was also great! I'm surprised I've never heard of that before...and the cheese one wasn't bad either.



Some orange juice to wash it all down, courtesy of Mrs. Ling who bought them in bulk on sale and then couldn't drink them all before they expired. All moms are the same :)




In other news, Dan had a craving for ribs this past weekend, so he looked online and found a place called Jerry's which serves American food. We got fried mushrooms and ribs and french fries, all of which were wonderful but which I forgot to take pictures of. But then we also got dessert and coffee, both of which were AWESOME, and which I remembered to take pictures of. For dessert we had the melting chocolate cake with ice cream AND the pecan pie a la mode. MMMmmm!

1 comment:

  1. this post smacks of singaporean foodcentric-ness, only in an american manifestation. i'm proud of you. :)

    ReplyDelete