Friday, June 11, 2010

Goodbye America!

Well, I'm back again. It seems like only yesterday that I wrote my "goodbye Singapore" post! I had a great time when I was back home. I didn't take as many pictures as I should have--I have a bad habit of not taking pictures when I'm stateside. Anyway, there won't be any pictures on this entry, because

1) I'm not unpacked yet, and my camera is out of batteries, and my camera charger is somewhere in my luggage and I can't find it right now, and I can't unpack yet because I'm still at Dan's house. 
2) I have already uploaded some pictures on my computer, but right now my computer is broken. I don't know what's wrong with it, but it keeps shutting down right after I turn it on, supposedly to protect it against some threat or something. I don't speak computer, so I'll just have to bring it in sometime this week I guess.

So yeah. I'm writing this on Dan's computer. And I'm still at Dan's house because I got really sick the morning of my flight, which was awful, and I'm just getting better now, so I've just been staying at Dan's place these last few days and sleeping all the time.

But the main point of this post is just to summarize what I was up to while I was home! Which was actually mostly pretty boring, in an awesome way.

I spent the first three weeks in Lombard, catching up with my family, and also my friends who were in town. I didn't take a SINGLE picture. Sorry :(

After three weeks of that, I went to Norman, OK, for two weeks to hang out with some of my college friends. My roommate from last year, Julia, let me sleep in her living room for two weeks, which was awesome of her. I had a great time there, because it was all of the fun of college without any of the work! Plus, I was able to go the the Music Festival and the May Day Arts Fair. I saw one or two people every day, which was pretty crazy. I was actually pleasantly surprised at how many of my friends were still in town! And I ate at all my favorite restaurants ;) I did take a couple of pictures in Oklahoma which I will add later--but they're not all that exciting, so don't get your hopes up!

Then I came back to Lombard for 10 days, mostly to hang out with my sister Bobbie, who hadn't been home when I was there earlier. I also celebrated my birthday--yay for being 23 years old!

After that I went to Virginia for the next 10 days to help my sister with her new baby! I was actually hoping to be there when she was born, but I ended up being two days late! Oh well. The new baby's name is Elizabeth Rose Cox. I was there basically to keep Christopher entertained and try to keep the house clean so Beth didn't go crazy. There are TONS of pictures of Elizabeth on my facebook profile--
here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2424402&id=9620356&l=d4d3e8d144 
and here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2424819&id=9620356&l=b0acd827d8 
and here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2427027&id=9620356&l=d4128ca26a

Then I came home for one more week! Hung out a bit more with family and got ready to go home. I also went to two weddings--Matt and Renee Begale and Joe and Maggie Sokoll! I do have pictures of those and I will be posting them here and on Facebook as soon as I can access my photos :) I also drove out the Rochelle with Laura and we spent the night at Deb and Justin Ahlgrim's awesome house. That was tons of fun! Yay for sleepovers!


Then I packed up and left. Boo/yay. Boo that I have to leave because I had a great time and I will miss every one at home. But yay because I also missed Dan a lot and I was so glad to see him, and I'm excited about starting my new job and catching up with my friends here and getting back into a routine. I've also got a whole list of interesting goals and activities for the next four months, heehee. That'll be exciting! Plus I'm going to try to travel more this year! So that's a pretty big yay, actually. YAY!

1 comment:

  1. Hey I just realized I missed most of your visit. U iz bizzy!

    ReplyDelete